Volunteering Support Fund 2021-24
Impact Funding Partners is delighted to announce that it will be managing the Volunteering Support Fund on behalf of the Scottish Government.
The Scottish Government has made £3.3 million available to support small to medium third sector organisations recruit volunteers who experience disadvantage or barriers to volunteering.
During the funding period applicants should aim to recruit a minimum of 36 volunteers with 13 who experience disadvantage or would traditionally experience barriers to volunteering proportional to the amount of funding requested. Please see the FAQ's for further information on volunteer numbers. The areas of disadvantage this fund will focus on are:
- People on low incomes
- People with mental health conditions
- People who are physically disabled
- People with additional support needs
- People living with a long-term medical condition
- People affected by abuse
- Lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender or intersex people
- People with convictions or an offending background
- Young people at risk of offending
- People affected by homelessness
- People from minority ethnic backgrounds
Following on from the success of the previous Volunteering Support Fund in supporting the recruitment of volunteers with a disadvantage, this fund would particularly like to recruit more volunteers who are from minority ethnic backgrounds, disabled or with a long term health condition.
The fund also aims to support organisations to specifically recruit skilled volunteers to enhance the capacity of the organisation as well as the third sector.
Funded projects are expected to:
- Increase diversity in the third sector’s volunteer pool, to particularly include people who experience disadvantage or would traditionally experience barriers to volunteering
- Improve governance, leadership and financial knowledge of organisations through the recruitment of skilled volunteers to enhance the third sector's capacity
- Improve organisational capacity to provide opportunities for skills and personal development through volunteering
- Enhance services delivered by organisations to better meet the needs of the communities they serve
To be eligible applicants must be:
- A third sector organisation (voluntary organisation or community group) whose Board of Trustees or Management Committee are predominantly volunteers. Organisations do not need to be registered charities, although their constitution/set of rules should make clear that funds will only be spent on purposes established in the constitution, and not distributed amongst members.
- A third sector organisation working in Scotland with an annual income of under £250,000 (excluding any one off capital costs or funding from a recognised emergency Covid19 funding stream).
The fund opens for applications on Friday 9th July at 12 noon
The fund closes for applications on Friday 27th August at 5pm
Decisions are expected to be made by Friday the 29th of October and successful applicants will be informed the following week.
Organisations can apply for a maximum of £30,000
Year 1 – Maximum of £4,000 (Nov 21 – March 22)
Year 2 – Maximum of £13,000 (April 22 – March 23)
Year 3 - Maximum of £13,000 (April 23 – March 24)
Frequently Asked Questions
This document answers many of the questions asked about this fund. Please read the document and check back for any updates and answers to additional questions. Any new answered questions will be added to the start of the document.
For enquiries or to contact the Volunteering Support Fund Team please email email@example.com or phone 01383 620780.
The Volunteering Support Fund can arrange a phone/video call with an organisation to discuss an idea for a potential project but cannot offer project specific advice or comment on draft applications.
Online Information Sessions
Unfortunately our online information sessions are now all booked up. If you would like to talk to one of the team about the fund please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org and we can arrange a convenient time to call or arrange a video call with you and your team if you wish.
This Privacy Notice outlines how your information is used and stored by Impact Funding Partners
Online Application Form
Click here to access the online application form. It is important that you have read all the information above before starting your application. There are guidance notes and prompts within the application form as well as guidance on how to save your application progress without losing any information.
When you click on the button you will leave the Impact Funding Partners website.
Please get in touch if you require support accessing the application form and fund information in an alternative format.